Here I will walk you through my lightweight and robust implementation of Web 2.0 Portal using Asp.Net MVC, Microsoft Ajax Client Templates and jQuery with drag and drop widget personalization. jQuery and Microsoft Ajax Client Templates makes client side programming extremely easy.
In coming weeks I will be blogging on how to develop this portal. Below is an image of the portal end state. You can access this portal at http://aspspider.info/lakkakula/local.aspx (note that the portal is partially implemented, I will continue to work on it as I blog in coming weeks).
In this series:
2. Part 1 – Portal Core Functionality
3. Part 2 – Drag and Drop Widget Personalization
4. Part 3 – Building Widget Gallery
5. Part 4 – Introduce Tabs and Users
6. Part 5 – Enhancements and Conclusion